Friday, November 10, 2006

Recipes

My sister (hey dawn!) keeps bugging me to post recipes... so I shall :)

Sweet and sour chicken:

In your crockpot put as many frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts as you wish... I usually use two or three for us four
cracked black pepper
sea salt
garlic (three or so cloves) sliced
one large red onion sliced
one cup of sliced peppers (red, orange, green...)

Sauce
about one cup of ketchup
about one cup of good dark brown sugar
one tablespoon of white vinager

Mix the sauce and put it on top of the chicken and veggies mixture

Cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4. About 4 hours through the low cooking time I'll take out the chicken and dice it and then add it back it. Cook up some rice or noodle and you have a meal!

Chicken brocolli pasta

Three cubed boneless skinless breasts in the crockpot
top with cracked black pepper and sea salt
chop up a red onion, three cloves of garlic or so
add about 1 cup or 1.5 cups of good quality extra virgin olive oil
stir

Let cook for about 7 hours in low or 4 hours on high

When almost done cook up some pasta (I like rotini) whole wheat is best
cook some brocolli florets (I just use fresh frozen)
toss the whole mess together... viola! Melt in your mouth chicken.

There ya go dawn ;) My pizza crust, foccacia and hummus will have to wait till tomorrow.

No comments: