Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm bummed...

My best friend is going through some serious shit with her husband right now. Well... better said HE'S putting her through some serious shit and she does not know what to do. All I can say is that I hope she realizes how special she is and that she DOES NOT have to put up with being treated this way. She is a wonderful, caring, loving TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME person. He? A useless dirtbag. Worse than a useless dirt bag... more like a totally infected pustule on the ass of a non organic, mass produced cow. /rant

My mother in law is visiting for the week. I love having her here :) We really didn't get off to a good start in our relationship with one another but now I love her like a mother and confide and trust in her much more than I do in mine. It's so wonderful to have her love and support. I wish we could live closer to them :(

I made a rocking dinner tonight of a spicy black bean soup.
Recipe:

Tammy's spicy crock pot bean soup
Two cups of black beans, soaked all day yesterday, put in crockpot on high all night (for 10 hours) cooked in ham stock and two bay leaves
In the morning add a large can of tomato sauce
chopped carrots, celery
one large onion (sliced) 5 cloves of garlic (sliced)
cracked black pepper and sea salt, two small handfuls of taco seasoning

At the last hour add two cups of cooked rice.

The rice puffs out and gets all barlyish...

BEST FUCKING SOUP EVER! Spicy, soft, hot... oh yum.

We went to Maddy's school for family literacy day today. She read us a story and we did a story as a class. It was so much fun :)

Kids are in bed, we're watchings "cars" with a very fussy Phoenix. I'll be in bed early tonight I think. Phoenix gave me about two hours of sleep last night and that... was... it.

....................................................................................................................................................................

well phoenix went to sleep at 8:30 and I was asleep on the couch by 9. I slept until 10:30, fed Phoenix and now I'm awake. I think I might go back to bed soonish here. I need to catch up on my sleep.

No comments: