Thursday, February 01, 2007

Calgon, take me away!

Fussy Phoenix didn't sleep last night between the hours of one am and six am. I got to bed at one. I was up at six. Madeline was complaining of a headache yesterday after school. She went to bed okay... slept until the middle of the night and then was screaming that she was cold. Jeff got her another blanket. Not a half hour later I hear "mommy! daddy! I'm throwing up!"

oh... fuck.

So I held her hair while she puked. Daddy cleaned up her bed. Got her settled on the couch. I turned on the laptop and "googled" sore neck and vomiting. I promptly got daddy out of bed and the whole family was off to the er. At first they were worried about menengitus (like we were) and then it turned to a kidney infection and she'd have to stay the day and over night... with iv antibiotics. Then that test came back clean. So they did some tests and sent us home. Possible strep throat? We don't know. Most likely something viral and it will just have to run it's course.

So we all slept (except daddy that went to work and olivia that went to pre-k) for a couple of hours and she's feeling a bit better.

Jeff ended up having to work till 9:30 tonight. He's not home yet. In the two hours the girls have been in bed; Phoenix has not stopped whining, Madeline has woken up screaming twice, Olivia has woken up crying three times and I think I'm going bald from pulling my hair.

I am exhausted, emotional and stinky. I need a shower in the worst way.

My house is a mess. I have to grocery shop tomorrow (I HAVE to) my phone will not stop ringing and I am wanting to go to bed.

DAMMIT THE FUCKING PHONE JUST RANG AGAIN.

No comments: