Sunday, February 18, 2007

And he sleeps...


Phoenix had his three doses of antibiotics yesterday. I was holding out hope for a good night but didn't really think it would happen...

He went to bed at midnight. The night went like this...
wake at 3am. Nurse. Go right back to sleep
wake at 6:40am. Nurse. Go right back to sleep
wake at 7:40. Snuggle, smile, coo... Go right back to sleep
wake at 8:40. Nurse. Go right back to sleep
wake at 9:40. Reach for my hand, squeeze, coo, stretch... Go right back to sleep
wake at 11:20am for the day. Smile, giggle, nurse and get up

Holy... shit. He slept! I slept! I feel 10 million times better!!!!

He's had two doses of his antibiotics so far today and while I was nursing him on the floor while on the phone, he passed out. So he's been sleeping ON HIS BACK on the floor for 1/2 hour so far. I'm all for garlic oil. I'm all for homeopathics first... but I'm really so very glad that this is clearing him up. Because if he didn't get out of pain and start sleeping I was getting a divorce and selling the baby to the lowest bidder.

1 comment:

Frogmorest said...

I am so with you. I do think they totally channel one another ;) He's slept better for the last two nights so here's hoping he's on the mend. At least my marriage might survive...