Monday, July 03, 2006

Attack of the purple nipples

or in other words... gentian violet strikes. And strikes hard.

Saturday I noticed my nipples were getting sore, Phoenix was pulling at the breast and clicking when he ate, he was getting gassy and then noticed the white patch on his tounge and the white spots on his gums. Yep. After nursing cumulatively for 7 years I finally got thrush. Goody.

So my nipples and Phoenix's mouth are a lovely shade of violet. lol. Poor little guy. I'm also using Miconazole after feedings and he's on Nystatin. Oh he's a BIG fan of that ... NOT! Oh and we're both taking pro-biotics. I REALLY want to be taking mega doses of garlic but I'm still on these damn blood thinners so that's a no no.

Thrush. Sigh.

Well I guess I can add it to my life experience that comes in handy as a League leader. I've counselled more mom's that I can count on thrush but never had it! It's those damn mega doses of antibiotics I was on for my uterine infection. Blerg.

No comments: