Monday, May 01, 2006

Beltaine

It was good! I think a fantastic time was held by all. No major meltdowns by any kids and no blood to be seen anywhere ;) Almost all the food was eaten and laughter was the order of the day. I think it was a success :)

The ritual *itself* could have been more... organized I guess. You know like figuring out the directions ahead of time ;) Letting Jeff (the Green king) and I (the flower queen) know where we should be standing etc. But really, considering the fact that there were children running around everywhere it was good :) C and J made flower crowns for all the kidlets and green leaf crowns for most of the guys. My kids are in LOVE with theirs :)

Everyone left by about 8:30 and we just sat by the fire for a bit. Then we all (including Maddy and Liv) cleaned up the back yard. I went in and got the kids ready for bed while jeff brought in the leftover food. They went to bed easily but a good night was not had... Olivia was sleep walking around midnight and ran into a wall. Then Maddy woke up with a nightmare at around 3:45 am. However they ALL SLEPT until 11am!!!!! Jeff got up with the kids and I was in bed till almost noon! I was freaking exhausted. Exhausted to the point that my legs were twitching and I had a hard time falling asleep. It was good though :)

Heather came bearing gifts :) She brought me the most adorable premie side snap fitted dipe that she made for me. It's so cute and soft and tiny! I love it. She also gave me a bar of breastmilk lavendar soap that was made from her baby Jericho's (that died shortly after birth) breast milk. I think it will be lovely for our new little person.

Well Maddy and Daddy are out paying rent. Olivia is eating yoguart, oatmeal muffin and blackberries while watching Max and Ruby. I'm still in my housecoat ;)

No comments: