Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Bunny day!

The turkey is on, potatoes peeled. Baby tomatoes, cucumber and cheese are sliced and in the fridge. The house is clean, tablecloth on the table, kids are napping... eggs are boiling for deviled eggs. All the dishes, silverware and napkins are ready to put on the table. The butter is softening and the iced tea has brewed and is cooling. We are almost ready!

My mom is bringing a macaroni salad and my grandmother is bringing a dessert. Jeff and I did most of the deep cleaning yesterday so today was mainly just a tidy up. We both need to shower and get dressed though.

The kids loved their easter bunny loot :) They both got a hollow chocolate animal, chocolate eggs from the hunt, play-doh spring buckets, bubbles, stickers, chalk eggs, glow in the dark bracelets and a new book. Phoenix got a fuzzy puppy book and a Tigger dressed in a bunny costume. Grandma Rose got them bunny ears and a stuffed bunny for Phoenix. They were pretty excited :) I don't want easter to get all commercial in this house. I think 20-30 bucks per kid is MORE than enough. Especially knowing that my parents AND my grandmother bought them easter stuff too!

Anyways off to chat with jeff while he's showering ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY EASTER SIS, MADDY, LIV, PHOENIX, AND JEFF! HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A BLAST AT EASTER DINNER, MISS YOU ALL!
LOVE ALABAMA!