Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm done! She's done!

Olivia at the age of 38 months has weaned herself from the breast. Her last nursing was about a week ago and was a memorable one :) She asked for "nums" and nursed for about a half an hour! She gobbled up the milk like it was going out of style (and this was strange because she's not been into nursing since Phoenix was born for more than like 1-2 minutes) and then when she was done she popped off, looked at me and said "Momma, I'm a big girl now and I don't need boobs any more."

And that was it.

She has not asked, mentioned nursing, looked longingly... anything!

Happy sigh :) She was done when she was done and that was it.

So Phoenix has his nums to himself (though he bleats like a lamb and hoots like a baby owl when it's time to nurse) and I am nursing my last baby. Bitter sweet.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Wow! You never told me she weaned! Congratulations to both of you on a long happy fulfilling breastfeeding relationship. It is really bittersweet though...sometimes I still miss it so much with Jasmyn, and feel like I should be offering it to her...I wonder if I'll ever get over that! LOL!